Welcome to Our School Council!
What is a School Council?
A school council is a group of democratically elected children that represent the views of the children in the school. We meet regularly and have class councils to feed back. This helps ensure all our children have a voice in how the school develops and works for all of us.
The School Council will meet to discuss any sort of school business. They meet with the head teacher regularly to talk about the curriculum and new learning idea; sort out any issues, for example school lunches or play times. They also discuss ideas for fundraising and implement action plans.
Please speak to our School Councillors if you wish to put forward any ideas for us to discuss at our School Council meetings.
What are the aims of The School Council?
To keep all children Ready, Respectful and Safe
- To encourage children to be actively involved with the school
- To encourage children to suggest improvements
- To make sure our school is a safe and happy place for children
- To help children and staff collaborate within school
What has Our School Council done?
- Purchased play equipment for the playground and wet play
- Worked with designers on our new logo and uniform
- Shared school views with the head teacher
- Developed our children safeguarding Council – which is now a separate group
Our School Council offers pupils an opportunity to have their say about a wide range of topics in school.
Unfortunately due to Covid-19, we are not currently holding School Council meetings
John Randall Primary School
Queen Street, Madeley
Telford, Shropshire, TF7 4DS